Survey Results Show Business Leaders Looking for IT to Drive Revenue Growth
According to Mark McDonald, Gartner’s Executive Programs group vice
president, organizations trying to grow [today] are missing two, crucial
- New lighter-weight technologies — such as cloud computing, software as a service (SaaS), and social networks, and
- IT models enabling the CIO to redefine IT, giving it a greater focus on growth and strategic impact.
It’s great to talk about new technologies, but…
- Who in your organization will vet them?
- How do you know the technology you choose is the best and most secure choice?
- Which should you choose, a SaaS solution or a hosted one? What’s the difference?
- How will it work with everything else?
- When will your IT group get to doing it?
Your competition has already put the problems of selection,
implementation and integration behind them — and they’re using these new
technologies against you today.
More About the Survey
The global CIO survey Gartner conducted in 2010 received responses
from 2,014 CIOs from 50 countries and 38 industries. The survey results
indicated that the top ten technology priorities for CIOs for 2011
- Cloud computing
- Mobile technologies
- IT management
- Business intelligence
- Voice and data communications
- Enterprise applications
- Collaboration technologies
- Web 2.0
What are those CIO’s doing for their organizations that your CIO
ought to be doing for yours? If you don’t have or can't afford a
full-time CIO, our Virtual Chief Information Officer can help. Contact
us today to learn more.
Gartner Newsroom Press Release